<< Back to Project
DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ) PROJECT
A study of the existing co-treatment of fecal sludge and sewage in the sewage
treatment plant at Ukkadam, Coimbatore
- Principal Investigators:
Dr. S. Kanmani, Director & Professor
Dr. Kurian Joseph, Professor
- Co- Principal Investigators:
Dr. S. Amalraj , Professor
Dr. A. Merline Sheela , Assistant Professor
Dr. K. Soundaranayaki , Assistant Professor
- Project Background:
- The sewage treatment plant at Ukkadam has a treatment capacity of 70 MLD, Coimbatore but only 30 MLD is utilized at present.
- The presence of treatment capacity of 40 MLD enabled the performance of co-treatment of fecal sludge at Ukkadam STP.
- The impact of co-treatment of fecal sludge with sewage on performance of STP was investigated
- Deliverables: Technical Recommendations/guidance for Coimbatore City Municiplal Corporation for Upgradation of Ukkadam STP