<< Back to Project
TAMIL NADU INNOVATION INITIATIVES (TANII Project)
Converting inert Waste/ Bioearth to Bioamendments / Biofertilizers - Pilot Projects at Legacy Waste Dumpling Site in Tamil Nadu
- Principal Investigator: Dr. S. Kanmani, Professor & Director
- CO-Principal Investigators:
Dr. Saranya Kuppusamy, Ramanujan Fellow (Scientist D)
Dr. A. Merline Sheela, Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.)
Ms. B. Manimekalai, Assistant Professor (Sl. Gr.)
Ms. M. S. Keerthana Rani, Assistant Professor
- Funding Agency: Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Period: 2021-2023
- Project Highlights:
- Of late, the need for land has aroused due to growing population and municipalities including panchayats in TN are looking for a sound technological option for managing the dumpsite inert waste as well.
- If dump site inert waste is economically utilized it will reduce the expansion of landfills in TN.
- Hence, we focus on converting dumpsite inert waste as a nutrient dense soil amendment especially as biofertilizer.
- Product - Nutrient rich soil amendment
- Technology - Sustainable Green innovative technology for converting dumpsite inert waste/ bioearth to biproducts
- Services – Guidelines for managing dumpsite inert waste/ bioearth
- Beneficiaries/ Target Populations: Government bodies – Municipalities/ Corporations/ Town Panchayats; Public; Farmlands; Institutes