<< Back to Project
For Urban and Rural Local Bodies in Tamilnadu by CES, Anna University
- Overview: Total 180 Projects including Corporations like Chennai, Coimbatore, Vellore, Thanjavur, Nagercoil, Dindigul, Madurai , Erode, Salem, Thoothukudi awarded to Director, CES by 10 Corporations, 90 Municipalities & 37 Town Panchyats.
Volume to be cleared ranging from : 2500 m3 to 35 lakh m3;
Area to be reclaimed ranging from : < 1 acres to 232 acres
- CES Role : DPR vetting and Monitoring of the Project Operations until reclamation by periodical site inspection, Issuing interim and completion reports. Totally 300 reports released so far.
- Funding Agency: Corporations, Commissionerate of Municipal Administration, Directorate of Town Panchayat and Respective ULBs under Swachh Bharat Mission and Smart Cities Mission
- Socio Economic and Environmental Benefits of Biomining: Reclaiming the land, ponds & water bodies / Reduction in Soil, water and Air Pollution/ Reduction in GHG emissions/ Decline in vector borne diseases /Upliftment of Environmental , aesthetic and social aspects of nearby area
- Investigators: Dr Kurian Joseph, Professor; Dr. S. Kanmani, Professor & Director - CES; Dr. S. Amalraj, Professor; Dr. S. Karthikeyan, Professor; Dr. G. Dhinagaran, Assistant Professor (Sl. Gr.); Dr. A. Merline Sheela, Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.); Ms. B. Manimekalai, Assistant Professor (Sl. Gr.) and Ms. R. Arulmozhi, Assistant Professor (Sl. Gr.); Dr. K. Soundaranayaki, Assistant Professor